Just Finished "It's Such a Beautiful Day" for the first time, and I'm in Tears.

I had been wary of this movie for a while. I'm a big animatiom buff, but I held off watching this one for some reasons I can't quite explain - perhaps I was turned off by the idea of an animated film only using stick figures or having it dominated by narration with next to not actual dialogue. I see now that these worries were terribly misguided.

I'll shed some tears at quite a few movies - Millennium Actress, Paris Texas, The Wind Rises, to name a few - but I can't recall ever watching a movie that made me cry as hard as this.

This may sound silly, but after seeing "It's Such a Beautiful Day", I genuinely feel as though I have a new appreciation for life. I want to appreciate the smallest things like Bill does, I want to romanticize my life, and I want to love unconditionally.

I cannot think of anyone who wouldn't benefit from seeing this at least once, and for those of you who have, what was your experience like afterwards? Did it move you as much as it did me? Please do share your stories.

submitted by /u/thinkonthysins
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/otsuf8/just_finished_its_such_a_beautiful_day_for_the/

Comments