What was the 1st movie to do that thing where they shift tones by playing an upbeat pop or rock song right at the start of a big fight scene?

I'm having a lazy day so I am finally getting around to watching Birds of Prey, and they do this with the song "Barracuda" by Heart, which got me wondering who started this trend. Captain Marvel did it with "Just a Girl" recently, and I know there's tons more but I'm just drawing a blank at the moment.

It's completely beaten to death in my opinion, but directors keep doing it.

*Edit: Why is this being down voted? I'm trying to start a discussion about something in movies. Is that not why we're here?

submitted by /u/Homer_JG
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/npfdf7/what_was_the_1st_movie_to_do_that_thing_where/

Comments