Greyhound (2020) is a really well-done WWII movie

I haven't seen a lot of movies like it and it just happen to catch my eye the other day. There's a scene early on set on land that kind turned me off the movie at first, but the rest of the movie is set on a battleship and I was fully into it the whole time. It's just so good at capturing the feel of being in a battle at sea, you're not fighting physically then all of a sudden people you know are hit and are dead, and you have no way to control that. The action scenes are well shot and look great, with some especially great sound to help them out, and I looked it up and apparently it was only nominated for one Oscar. For Sound. Which makes total sense. the VFX aren't bad either, really selling them being at see. Aside from Tom Hanks, the cast hasn't much fame to speak of (unless you count Minkus from Boy Meets World) but everyone does a solid job. It's really just a pretty solid movie through and through and I definitely recommend it if you like ocean Battles or WWII.

submitted by /u/123wink456
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/nphpzq/greyhound_2020_is_a_really_welldone_wwii_movie/

Comments