Realized something about John Hammond after re-watching Jurassic Park

Throughout the movie, John Hammond says to everyone who will listen that in order to build the park he "spared no expense." Obviously, there were more than a few blunders on his part that caused the ensuing ruckus in the movie, but I just realized after re-watching the movie that there was at least one expense he did spare: Dennis Nedry.

Nedry's disgruntled because Hammond hasn't been paying him enough - it's literally what he says when he first meets Dodgson (something about Hammond being cheap). Later on, Nedry even whines about it to Hammond and Hammond kind of brushes it off, saying "I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am, but they are your problems."

I'm sure there are lots of other examples of Hammond being cheap in the movie (and in the book - I think Hammond accepts Nedry's company because it had the lowest bid?) but this is one thing that I hadn't noticed until now.

submitted by /u/ConceivablyPerfect
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/n05ffy/realized_something_about_john_hammond_after/

Comments