Will we ever see large sincere epics without quips or sarcasm again?

I find the downplaying of any emotional scenes in modern blockbusters very uncomfortable, it's like we are not able to feel any real emotion in a movie without it being undercut with a joke. For example the rock in gotg2 near the end.

I would love to see large epics again and I hope that with streaming they can make a comeback because for now I'm feeling very emotionaly disconnected from alot of content nowdays. I'm hoping Egger's the northman and the green knight can deliver that fantastical emotional release you get from watching a movie like lord of the rings.

P.s. Hollywood please make a 3 hour adaptation of paradise lost based off Gustave Dores art

submitted by /u/The_icecube_under
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/mgwt44/will_we_ever_see_large_sincere_epics_without/

Comments