300 (2006) is a film that I unabashedly adore

The story is simple. The plot is simple. The characters are simple. Despite all of this, I will say with complete confidence that 300 is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Easily one of Snyder's best films, the cinematography lifts the rest of the movie up on a pedestal. This movie is not style over substance, it's style elevating substance.

This movie is completely over the top in every way possible, but I love it for knowing what it wants to be and going full throttle into that area. This leads to endlessly quotable dialogue and some of the most iconic moments in any movie of the last two decades.

Every actor takes their role completely seriously, despite elements that could have easily been used for comedy. Gerard Butler in particular makes the entire movie. This movie would be so much worse if it wasn't for him.

I could not care less how accurate the movie is to the events that actually took place, because it's clear to me that it's not even trying to be accurate. It's trying to be a great adaption of the comic book that inspired it, and nothing more.

I have always been a sucker for films about honor and glory, which is probably why the first season of GOT is easily my favorite season. This film delivers on that aspect splendidly.

All in all, I adore this movie and I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to kill time by being purely entertained for a few hours.

submitted by /u/OsterOman
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/mhnwdf/300_2006_is_a_film_that_i_unabashedly_adore/

Comments