“Clerks” (1995) despite costing next to nothing has aged better than all of Smiths films.

Like many, I grew up a Smith fan. His humor was hilarious at the time but as I’ve grown I’ve found most of his films, while still enjoyable to me, have aged pretty terribly in a lot of ways.

After watching “Clerks” the other night for the first time in a long time and I almost forgot just how great the film is. The dialogue is literally filled with hilarious quotable that have remained hilarious and it’s STILL relatable. I worked at a store very similar to Dante’s and would hear the dumbest questions of all time.

Randall I feel like is seriously one of the funniest characters in cinema. His clear disregard for stupid customer behavior is still hysterical. My favorite line from him is when him and Dante are talking about customers they don’t like and Randall spits out “I could do without the customers in the video store”

Dante: “Which ones?”

Randall: “All of them”

There’s so many hilarious lines throughout the film and after watching Mallrats and chasing Amy recently, his (Smiths) dialogue just seemed so natural and hilarious in “Clerks”.

Despite looking like it cost about 3 bags of chips and a soda, “Clerks” remains to me a 90s classic and something that has held up so well over the years and is still relatable in so many ways.

submitted by /u/Mei_iz_my_bae
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/lv0s3e/clerks_1995_despite_costing_next_to_nothing_has/

Comments