GOOD or BAD: Prometheus (2012)

Oh Prometheus. Where do I begin with you? Released in 2012, Prometheus marked the return of Ridley Scott to the Alien franchise.

The story follows the spaceship Prometheus as it seeks the origins of humanity. All in all, this movie fills in the blanks on who the pilots of the alien spaceship or “space jockey” in the first Alien movie are.

So is Prometheus good or bad? I lean towards good. One, the production design and visuals are amazing. Sure, this being a Ridley Scott production that’s a given, but I just love how sleek everything looks. I even like the futuristic technology like that machine that can give you an instant surgery.

I like this cast. Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba. Sure, it’s not like all the characters have immense depth, but who doesn’t love a good cast?

Sure, there’s a lot to make fun of like how dumb some of the scientists are and the “Prometheus School of Running Away from Things” but I can watch Prometheus every few years and get a solid kick out of it.

Alien Covenant...that’s a different story. Let’s just say it makes me love Prometheus even more and how Scott squandered its potential.

submitted by /u/ggroover97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/l92qyp/good_or_bad_prometheus_2012/

Comments