80s/90s Action as a "Comfort Food"

I am 21 years old, and one of the things I am most thankful for that my parents gave to me in my childhood were plenty of 80s action movies in lieu of more modern things. My favorite childhood movie was Commando, and to this day, Schwarzenegger is one of my personal heroes. This love for action has never left me, and it has even strengthened over the years, watching films that I had never really seen before. I was only an Arnold and Stallone kid, but I have been going through Van Damme's films, and a truckload of movies I have missed, old favorites, and ones I have seen recently that keep me coming back.

Something about them, the lead actors, the catharsis, and goofiness of some of them, they put me in a happier place than if I wasn't. Had a bad day? Put on Cobra (1986), and turn my brain off. These movies have a charm to them that really cannot be replicated, and I am always wanted suggestions.

Just not Seagal. Not that guy.

submitted by /u/JD_Revan451
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/l8di5d/80s90s_action_as_a_comfort_food/

Comments