‘Youth in Revolt’ (2009) is a great movie and I don’t understand all the hate I’ve seen online towards the film and Michael Cera.

I thought Michael Cera was great in this movie and had me frequently laughing. I wasn’t expecting this movie to be the greatest movie ever, but I thoroughly enjoyed this move. The only major issue I have with the movie is the ending and how Sheeni just accepted him back after she found out that he had drugged her and gotten her expelled from school, because no normal person would ever be okay with that. The move also has a great soundtrack. My favorite scene is also towards the end when Nick (Michael Cera) gets outted for what he had done to Sheeni and starts to run through the woods. I really felt what his character felt at the time with all of his actions finally catching up to him. The ending felt kind of rushed compared to the rest of the movie, but I would give it a 7/10. If you haven’t seen youth in revolt yet I’d recommend it as a fun, lighthearted, and easy to watch movie.

submitted by /u/Spimbi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/knm69i/youth_in_revolt_2009_is_a_great_movie_and_i_dont/

Comments