I LOVE psychological horror! What are some films I should watch next?

I’d love suggestions based off some of my favorites (listed below), but I’m totally open to anything!

mother!

Midsommar

Shutter Island

Perfect Blue

i’m thinking of ending things

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Black Swan

The Lighthouse

Get Out

The House That Jack Built

Also - What do you think the differences between psychological horror and psychological thrillers are?

I think psych horror often takes the opportunity to dissect the meaning of fear, pain and lucidity, whereas psych thrillers often focus on big twists or action/chase scenes. I really enjoy heady explorations of the mind, and have found that psych horror is usually willing to go the extra mile into bleaker, more philosophical territory, but again, I’m open to all suggestions!!

submitted by /u/cwatson426
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/km8ik6/i_love_psychological_horror_what_are_some_films_i/

Comments