Recommendations for 80's corporate yuppie movies?

Lately I've been fascinated by movies about ambitious business people in corporate 80's America. I love the fashion, the hair, the cluttered offices filled with stacks of paper and ringing phones, the high stakes, the soundtracks, the cars, and the hackneyed business phrases the characters throw around. So far my favorite of this genre has been Working Girl (1988)--it ticks all my boxes.

Some others I've liked are:

Wall Street (1987)

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

Nine to Five (1980)

Baby Boom (1987)

American Psycho (2000--not made in the 80's but the yuppie culture was strong and satirical)

Edit: Fatal Attraction (1987) also sort of fits

Next on my to-watch list is Broadcast News (1987) but I'd love any more recommendations.

submitted by /u/soontobepegasus
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/k493c6/recommendations_for_80s_corporate_yuppie_movies/

Comments