His House (2020)(Discussion) (Spoiler)

I just watched this movie yesterday evening and wanted to discuss it with some other movie lovers.

I was absolutely blown away. I was expecting just another cheap thrills horror but instead got one of the most amazing movies I have seen. Just the brilliance of the two lead actors, Wunmi Mosaku and Sope Dirisu, is enough but it also has an amazingly crafted plot that actually feels complete unlike 99% of horror movies with the stupid cliff-hanger ambiguous endings.

I was crying at the end because of the super powerful message and I don't really get emotional over movies. It is delivered so tastefully but still very impactful.

The scene where Rial calls Bol a liar because of her seeing his eyes sent chills down my spine. The actors are so good you can see it in his eyes too. They convey fear so well. In the beginning when he cries of relief when moving into the new house his reaction is so genuine. I was blown away by the performance.

And then the small monologue about your ghosts living with you was so beautiful. Although few of us are survivors of something so horrific, we can all still relate this his speech in our own lives when applied to each one of our personal traumas.

The design of the ghosts are extremely unsettling. I have been watching horror movies my whole life and I got chills down my spine almost every time Nyagak showed up. The Apeth reminded me of the moonlight man from Gerald's game. His design was very good and I felt so tense watch him rise from the ground. All the faces in the walls made me want to sleep outside that night.

In summary I think this movie is absolutely amazing with the way it handled the story, the themes of loss, guilt, new beginnings and finally self forgiveness. The scares are meaningful and not just cheap jump scares. the actors did such an amazing job I was completely emotionally invested in their story. This movie is heart wrenching and brilliant

submitted by /u/SmoothBeanMan
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/k2ikmh/his_house_2020discussion_spoiler/

Comments