V for Vendetta in 2020

I saw this film when it first came out in the cinema and was just absolutely floored by it and thus purchased it on DVD upon its release.

Over the years I would rewatch it but this year I just had a....feeling to revisit it at this time of history, this time of my life and what's going on in the world.

I felt like I had watched the film through a foggy mind in the past because I just understand it so much better now.

I feel that's why people react differently to films based on their perspective/experience.

I am far more blown away by it now then I was back then, absolutely ahead of the times and just some of the dialogue just felt a bit too relevant, from the world news to things that were banned to the rise of the high chancellor. I had to pause a couple of times to get my marbles together.

They made such a big thing in the film about 100,000 dead from a virus. I don't want to get political but that hit me differently this time.

The torture scenes..I've spent some serious time alone during the pandemic and I was legitimately SURPRISED by how much I absolutely value human touch especially when I was feeling down, real human connection.

Portman did a pretty good job with the accent, if anything it makes me want to watch more British films.

Whoever edited the film did a very tight job, as someone who makes videos I appreciated the balance. Actually this whole film felt like it was made out of personal care and not just money.

I had gone through the comic briefly and previous posts on this film and I understand that V isn't clear cut as he is in this film, never the less I really enjoyed his character. I couldn't help but see Khruangbin sometimes.

I do feel that parts of the film was either ghost directed or highly guided by the Wachowskis judging by the director's other works just not being as....good.

Either way this film is a gem.

submitted by /u/kjoro
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/jlfh67/v_for_vendetta_in_2020/

Comments