Shrek Talk

Today I was watching clips of various animated movies I loved as a kid and I stumbled upon the eating alone scene from the first Shrek movie. After watching it I honestly have to say it's one of my favorite scenes from any animated movie I've seen.

I'm not saying that for some shitty meme I mean it. Theres so many little details in this one minute or so scene that says so much about the character of Shrek's character. His forced smiles, the empty chair across from him thats prominent in the shot, and the look he gives over to the door feeling bad for Donkey but he doesn't let him in in fear Donkey will judge him just like everyone else so he goes on with his meal acting like it never crossed his mind. I also really enjoy the detail you see in Shrek's house. All the hand made things that he most likely stole from nearby villages or stumbled upon in garbage cans or something. It really gives you a feel for his situation. Not to mention the music. It really gives you a comfy feeling yet also a lonely one. Its very relaxing but sad.

I'm not sure if this scene is talked about to death or not but I felt the need to share it and wanted to talk about it. Here's the scene Eating Alone

submitted by /u/midorii_hug
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/jkm4kc/shrek_talk/

Comments