Coneheads (1993)

This is on Netflix right now and I wanted to bring it to your attention for those of you who haven’t seen it. It’s based on a series of SNL sketches and centers on a family of aliens who crash land on Earth and are forced to blend in with human civilization. It features a ton of great ‘90s comedians whom I won’t name because it was so fun recognizing a familiar face in so many scenes and I’d like new viewers to have the same experience.

I saw that the Rotten Tomatoes score is only 35% and I’m not sure why. It’s very clearly not trying to be anything more than a goofy sci-fi comedy with some gentle ribbing at ‘50s suburbia and U.S. immigration policy thrown in as well. On that level, I thought it fully succeeded with consistent laughs and some pretty decent prosthetics and CG for the time. It’s also only 86 minutes long and paced well so it goes by fast. Anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/movieguy2004
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/j13dq0/coneheads_1993/

Comments