is seven samurai still a good movie? or is it one of the "important, but outdated" examples?

I've always heard how much of an impact 7 samurai had and what an important movie it is by the director, who himself is also just as important.

I've always had an interest in it, specially after watching dreams by the same director and loving it, but I don't want to happen what happened to me with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Same thing, everyone would say how important and what a classic that movie was, but when I watched it, I could only notice things like how they were standing in front of a window at day time but light would be hitting them from all directions and other things like that. In short, I was way too distracted by the technical errors the movie had because of its age to actually focus on the story being told. (that's not to say I haven't enjoyed older movies, but I haven't seen errors like that, or maybe their stories were captivating enough for me not to pay attention)

If this is the same with 7 samurai, I'd rather not be disappointed by it.

submitted by /u/WanderDormin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/i1lqpm/is_seven_samurai_still_a_good_movie_or_is_it_one/

Comments