Cinematography for Collateral(2004)

The other day I watched the movie Collateral. A great movie by the way. One thing about the movie that got my attention was the cinematography. Every time I watched the movie it looks more and more like a modern film. Although it was released in 2004. I don’t know if it’s the quality of the image, the color correction, lenses, lighting technique or what but that film looks like it was made and released during the 2007-2010 era. Compare to the other movies released during that time(The 40 Year Old Virgin, Lost in Translation, Girl Next Door, Daredevil, Kangaroo Jack, Soul Plane, Fast & Furious 1 & 2) where it’s starting to show it’s age. Collateral on the other hand to me looks timeless and modern.

Do you agree that Collateral was ahead of the time in terms of the cinematography used?

submitted by /u/Blasian1999
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/i1mg72/cinematography_for_collateral2004/

Comments