What's "The Big Lebowski" about?

Just went and watched "the big lebowski" for the first time.

I hadn't heard really anything about the film, so I was going in blind in terms of what the film was even about.

I did like the film, I found the humour to be pretty great, and the cinematography good, but the plot kind of confused me.

Was all of it being played off for laughs, or was there something more to it. They mentioned nihilists a lot, but I wasn't sure if they were making fun of them, or advocating for it.

I also had no clue what the dream sequences were for.

Am I reading into this too much, and all of it is really just a noir type story with funny characters and funny sequences, or am I missing something?

submitted by /u/a_reasonable_thought
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/hj01ib/whats_the_big_lebowski_about/

Comments