Gary Oldman is in way more mediocre movies than I expected

I feel it’s not uncontroversial to say that Oldman is one of the best actors working today, and has been for a long time. He just won an oscar, and there’s a good chance he will again for “Mank”. For some reason, and i’m not sure why cause other good actors are in mediocre movies, I characterized him as one of those actors (like Christian Bale or Dicaprio) who are only in high level roles.

I’m watching TAU now and was surprised to see him in a role like that. But I checked his IMDB and apparently he’s in a lot of B and C level movies, like “Criminal”, “Mary”, “Killers Anonymous”, “Hunter Killer”. Ones that aren’t even major releases. Not saying there’s anything wrong with this but just found it very surprising

submitted by /u/underco5erpope
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/hhp5f9/gary_oldman_is_in_way_more_mediocre_movies_than_i/

Comments