Who are the best one-and-done filmmakers, someone who only has 1 feature film credit to their name.

I'm reposting this to clarify - I'm not looking for standalone movies (ie: not part of a series or franchise), but rather, films that are the one and only movie a director made.

Last night I watched Phase IV which really impressed me with its strong, unique structure, visuals, and design. And tonight, I watched an Australian horror movie on YouTube from 1981 called Alison's Birthday, which was a million miles better than I thought it was going to be. Looking into them afterwards, I was surprised to find that they're both directors' only feature films, and that got me thinking, what are some other great one-and-done films? (Shorts and TV movies not included.)

submitted by /u/RandomStranger79
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/gtr8zq/who_are_the_best_oneanddone_filmmakers_someone/

Comments