What are your favorite war movies?

I had this discussion with my friend, I dont think any war movie I've seen really intrigued me in any way after I had seen a couple. And even some movies that aren't a part of the genre but they have a scene or two of war happening, like Forrest Gump, has made a bigger impact than say, Saving Private Ryan.

(SIDENOTE i still havent seen Full Metal Jacket, Schindler's List, Fury, 1917, Apocalypse Now, many of the essentials. so forgive me for i don't know the premise of a lot of these films. I've seen Hurt Locker, meh. I've seen Tropic Thunder... uhh... The Revenant.)

Maybe im mistaken, but yknow what i mean? even trying to piece this post together I am struggling to think of any. I would appreciate an open and spoiler free discussion but i also am bringing this on myself, so anything you feel like saying related to the topic please leave a comment.

TLDR Just wondering all your opinions, do you have a favorite war film? is there a war movie in your top 10 of all time? is war your favorite genre? any recommendations? among other questions? say something War movie- related!

submitted by /u/Colerabi135
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/g9zj9s/what_are_your_favorite_war_movies/

Comments