[SPOILERS] The Handmaiden (2016) is so. Damn. Good.

THERE'S SPOILERS HERE! GO WATCH THE MOVIE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU HAVEN'T YET! IT'S QUITE GOOD!

I just watched The Handmaiden earlier today and I'm blown away by how good it is. I think it might actually be the best film I have ever seen. Everything about it just amazing. The cinematography is especially gorgeous. And I can't get this music out of my head. I tear up everytime I listen to it.

The first twist really got me. I felt so bad for Sook-hee... I don't think I've ever hoped for a happy ending as much as I did while watching this film. And thank fuck I got one. It was so satisfying and beautiful. It genuinely lifted my spirits.

I'm normally not into romantic films at all, but holy shit, this one is so good. I know it's not exactly a hot take, so maybe this post is a bit pointless, but I just had to vent a bit. I only have one friend who is kinda into movies and he usually sticks to the mainstream American blockbusters (nothing wrong with that), so he wasn't very interested.

Let me know what you thought of this film, and if you got any suggestions for me, please let me know! I have plenty of time to kill these days.

submitted by /u/flipperkip97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/fs0el3/spoilers_the_handmaiden_2016_is_so_damn_good/

Comments