Good Crime, War and Spy Movies : 2000-2020

I'm rewatching 'The Town' 10 years later and it's still one of my favorite movies. Let's share some recommendations!

(I wish I could define my own broad genre for these. Is it Thriller? Anything that gets your heart pumping. 'Spy' is a little slower maybe, but the constant veil of intrigue keeps my attention.)

Crime, mafia, war, heist, spy, thriller, whatever. Go!

  • Layer Cake
  • Killing Them Softly
  • In Bruges
  • Sicario 1 + 2
  • Zero Dark Thirty
  • Baby Driver
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
  • Wind River
  • Hell or High Water

And my all-time, favorite movie, of all...time:

Collateral (2004) - There is something so Zen about this movie, yet it retains the adrenaline-pumping elements I love. Jamie Foxx's first amazing role that I saw, and my personal favorite performance of Tom Cruise's. The cinematography is incredible and I remember reading articles about how it was the first movie filmed on digital, and some of the lighting techniques they used. Despite my total lack of knowledge about filming, I found everything about this movie extremely fascinating.

Runner-up favorite:

Body of Lies (2008) - Bad ass CIA thriller with Leo, Russell Crowe, Mark Strong and one of the most gorgeous actresses I've ever seen (Golshifteh Farahani). I've used up all my descriptive words so I'm just gonna say - go stream it!

submitted by /u/radiantcumberbadger
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/fs9p4i/good_crime_war_and_spy_movies_20002020/

Comments