I really enjoy the marvel movies, but I wish they went deeper.

Posting this on r/movies because I know I’ll get downvoted to oblivion for posting on any marvel subreddit.

So like I said, I really enjoy the marvel films. I’ve watched all of them in theaters and at home at least 2-3 times. Growing up a comic book fan and seeing the characters I grew up with come to life is truly a special thing. However I do have 1 issue with them, and it’s that they lack depth. I just feel like they don’t really challenge the viewer into thinking about the world differently, or trying to showcase some serious morality themes or anything like that. And I know what most of you are thinking, which is “who cares, they’re just for entertainment” and while I do agree to a certain extent, I feel like they seriously could if they tried. If you’ve watched any of the marvel tv shows, you’d see that they touch on some serious topics (specifically Jessica Jones imo) and even in Black Panther they started touching on real world issues of racism and helping out your neighbors. I mean shit even IW and Endgame started touching on it a little bit with overpopulation and limited resources (although they barely made that the topic of the second movie). It feels like all the current movies just teach basic morality themes of “always do what’s right” and shit we’ve already seen done 1000 times before, and lack serious depth. I just feel like there’s such potential there to explore some intriguing topics but it feels like most of the MCU movies have not done so.

I know this post sounds pretentious as hell and that I’m probably overreacting over movies that should just be thought of fun entertainment, but it’s just my own thoughts and I’m curious as to what you guys think. Please don’t just downvote me if you disagree, let’s try and have an actual discussion.

submitted by /u/capamericapistons
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/faq2h8/i_really_enjoy_the_marvel_movies_but_i_wish_they/

Comments