Children of Men was great then and possibly better now

I saw Children of Men in theaters in early 2007 only because my dad heard it was good and he wanted to see it. Even as a naive student, I knew it was a great movie and have since forced a number of people to watch it. The filming style is unlike most films, with many scenes filmed from one camera in a single take rather than breaking the scene up to film with multiple angles. There's likely terms to better describe this, but I don't know them. One thing out of place and they have to start the entire scene over! I watch it now every year or two and the subject matter is just as compelling. Maybe I'll read the book someday.

submitted by /u/samvet21
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ew059v/children_of_men_was_great_then_and_possibly/

Comments