Trying to find a movie where a boy is from a family who transforms into hawks/eagles and are the protectors of a magical gate?

It's a CGI movie that was created in the 2000's I believe. I watched it in the 2010's though, so I'm not too sure. I'm trying to find out old movies I've seen when I was younger before I graduate! It's on my bucket list hehe. I hope you guys will help and that this doesn't go against any rules

!!!Spoilers Warning!!!

It begins with a boy painting his truck, which is purple and has really nice flame designs right? Then somehow he turns into a hawk randomly. He freaks tf out and asks his sister for help and guess what... she can also turn into a hawk! It's a family thing? Anyway, so it has the family secret revealed to him. He learns some secret melody (lalalala x4 in different tones) from his grandpa that's the password to opening a magical gate to another dimension (spirit realm?) and it's revealed that he also has a secret evil uncle who's trying to learn the melody to use it to his own gain.

Anyway, so a series of unfortunate events happens and the family try to escape the uncle in the boy's truck and they go through a rockslide and flood (and likely more but I forgot since it's been so long since I've seen it) and eventually they have to find higher ground, which leads them to tearfully abandoning the truck. They get to the spirit gate place and surprise! Uncle is there and swipes grandpa from up under their nose.

The uncle then blackmails the boy into telling him the song password, but it gives it to him wrongly (which leads to bad consequences) and then the uncle drops the grandpa (and the boy and his sister catch the grandpa before he falls to his death) . The uncle sings the password wrong to the spirit gate and it goes evil and swallows him up. The movie ends with the boy singing the correct password and restoring peace to all

submitted by /u/oriental_angel
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ei19u7/trying_to_find_a_movie_where_a_boy_is_from_a/

Comments