Biggest Surprise of the Decade

What would be the movie that surprised you the most with its quality? I'm mainly referring to a movie you did not expect to be as good as it is but you can also go for the opposite if you'd like.

For me, I'd have to go with Good Time. I hadn't seen a Safdie Brothers film and although I had seen Pattinson and liked him in some dramatic movies like The Rover, Good Time completely impressed me in every aspect. I thought it was the best movie of 2017.

What about you? There were some other surprises but a lot of times they did come from reputable filmmakers (for example, the "movie about Facebook" being as good as it was but it came from an extremely reliable director). What was the one you just didn't expect to like as much as you did?

submitted by /u/BetterCallRobot
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/eictu7/biggest_surprise_of_the_decade/

Comments