Do people born after the year 2000 think modern CGI is better than practical effects?

I am still blown away, even today, by how great the ‘future’ scene at the beginning of T2: Judgement Day looks, with the fully built mechanical terminator; or the close ups on the Xenomorph suit in Alien; or the puppeted, minimal CGI dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

In todays movies (even in those same franchises) I’ll see characters / creatures in full CGI and 99% of the time can tell I’m just looking at CGI and it breaks the immersion for me, and I wonder how good it could’ve looked with practical effects.

But I always wonder if that’s just a bias, and if younger people think the opposite. When they watch these older movies, after having grown up in a world of CGI-everything all the time, do they roll their eyes at those same shots or are they similarly blown away?

submitted by /u/EssentialParadox
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1535yzd/do_people_born_after_the_year_2000_think_modern/

Comments