Playtime (1967) was so overstimulating for my ADHD

I watched Tati's Playtime in my cinema class and by the end I was ready to get up and walk out because I was just so bewildered. Visually it was decent, a lot of the visual gags landed and I can appreciate those, but the tinny audio combined with listening to both French and English speaking characters and the sheer amount of background noise in each scene (especially at the night club) led to the listening experience being very confusing and overwhelming. Half the time I had no idea where to direct my attention. I barely understood what people were saying and I only picked up what was going on based on visual cues.

submitted by /u/ketchupmaster987
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/147xtnj/playtime_1967_was_so_overstimulating_for_my_adhd/

Comments