Did I make a mistake watching the final cut of Apocalypse Now?

This movie was recommended to me by so many friends and family claiming to be on their top 5 favorite movies.

I did some research on this movie beforehand and was shocked to learn all the events that happened during filming and production.

The plot of the movie overall had me interested and I really wanted to see Captain Willard carry out this mission. Without this, I would have gave up on watching the film.

Needless to say, this is one of the most disappointing movies I’ve seen with so many scenes feeling out of place. It felt like this movie was becoming a chore to finish. There were a handful of scenes that I felt did not add any importance or value into this movie.

Should I have watched a different cut of the film instead?

submitted by /u/Abusive_Nun
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/zx9l3o/did_i_make_a_mistake_watching_the_final_cut_of/

Comments