Ray Liotta died earlier this year and I saw Copland had been added to Netflix, so I gave it a shot.

I had seen this film mentioned previously, either in a thread concerning Liotta's death or in r/thesopranos, as Robert Patrick is meant to give a great performance in both. So I saw it was recently added to Netflix and I gave it a shot (no pun intended)

I thought this movie was really, really good. It was one of those films where there are a ton of big names and big egos yet all of them fit perfectly on screen. There is no one dominating role and no one stands out to the detriment of others. De Niro, Keitel, Stallone and Patrick (the stand out for me) all fit well together and really build the film nicely as time moves on. Put simply, they're all not trying to out-cawp eachother.

There are a load of nice small performances too, from Leo McGarry, Carlo Gervasi, Marlon from The Truman Show and Gloria Trillo. They all add to a good mix.

The only criticism I would have is in respect of the final shoot out, where it's overacted to another degree and they clearly could have done with a ballistics or gun expert on set.

All in all, a solid flick that passed the time easily.

submitted by /u/HanSoloHeadBeg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/yipzhu/ray_liotta_died_earlier_this_year_and_i_saw/

Comments