Stealing Rated R movies from my parents to watch it on my own as a kid helped me grow up faster and recognize other people's problems more effectively

For example, When I was little I would steal rated R movies that my parents rented and watch it on my own after they go to sleep. The movie that has touched my heart at such a young age was Love and Other Drugs..I thought I was being cool watching Rated R movies, but sooner or later during the movie I was crying because of the problems the characters faced. I wasn't used to those problems as I was a child...I didn't really know about it. I couldn't explain to my parents what I watched because I would get in trouble...but I wanted to talk about the movie with someone so bad. This movie taught me that in relationships there are sacrifices you have to make, and other people's problems are your problems if you trully care for them. I also learned about Parkinson's disease, which I had no idea existed at the time. I Love this movie, and I watch it every year.

submitted by /u/earthgreen10
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/vg1od5/stealing_rated_r_movies_from_my_parents_to_watch/

Comments