I watched House (1977) last weekend and I can’t stop thinking about it!

Like, what a fun, wild ride that movie was!!

It was a friend’s birthday, so 10 of us rented out our local historic theatre for a private screening of House (sometimes billed as Hausu). I’d never heard of it, and I was on the fence about going (covid concerns) until I saw the trailer and was assured of headcount, and then you would’ve had to pay me not to go watch it.

The colors, the editing, the fantastic characters and their fantastic names, the witch cat, the dancing skeletons, the floating head, the hungry piano, the pile of bananas, the dramatic chiffon scarf. Everything about it was over the top and so much fun!!

After it ended, I broke our collective silence by saying, “That was insane! I am going to devote the rest of my life to making people watch this movie.”

So here I am, fulfilling my promise starting with y’all movie nerds. Since it’s Criterion, I’m sure a lot of you have seen it, but to those who haven’t: you gotta.

submitted by /u/VidaliaAmpersand
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/jk0keh/i_watched_house_1977_last_weekend_and_i_cant_stop/

Comments